Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Westerns, Kung Fu and Pokemon

As you can tell by my title, this has been a good weekend for me. My roommate was pretty sick all week, and he and I have a dynasty on NCAA 11 we play, so I spent alot of time in his room and on Thursday and Friday I woke up feeling like I was beaten with a bag of quarters. So, I thought it would be good to not mess with the status quo and stay in my room this weekend. Old Man(Also known as Janes or Chris)'s wife and daughter left early on Friday so he came over Friday night and he and I played games and hung out for the night. I decided to break out my old Pokemon game this morning(its still Saturday, for the record) and made it past the spot I was stuck at and have been playing on and off all day. I spent the morning playing that and watching college basketball and then Old Man came over in the afternoon and we played some games online with Ned and Will and that was pretty fun. We ended the night watching some westerns and kung fu movies, something I plan on doing again tomorrow and Monday. He hadn't seen The Quick and The Dead, so we're finishing that up right now. I forgot how dated this movie is, but I still enjoy it.

Oh, I had the strangest dream last night. Mom, Doc, and I were traveling and pulled into some strange town and they had something they had to do without me, so they just dropped me at some corner. For some reason that didn't bother me much, I feel like in real life I'd at least have them drop me off at the movies or something, but this was just the curb at a residential area. After a few minutes I noticed this girl staring at me and I guess I must have said hi or something, because the next thing I knew we were going on a date at this nice restaurant. I can't really remember talking about anything, but it seemed like it was enjoyable and after a while then I paid and we magically teleported to her house and I left and I got to the end of her street and had a "OH CRAP!" moment, again I have no idea what over, but it suddenly became VERY important that I got back to her(I'm pretty sure I loved her) so I started running back and I had the enlongating hallway trick played on me (curse you, mind! You win this round) and never got there, but instead woke up. Even though I have no idea who this girl was(the one thing I remember discussing with her was that her name was Charlene), what we talked about, or why I suddenly needed to run after her, this dream bothered me all morning. The really weird thing about this dream is that for my dreams its pretty tame. Ex:Once Seth got bull rushed and killed by a large female Wal Mart employee. Like, she wanted to find us, and got us corned in an isle with one opening, bent over and made bull horns with her fingers and charged at his. I was able to burrow out of the way in time through some cereal boxes, but Seth died. Yes, I have strange dreams.

I know its no longer a daily thing, but I don't care, I just want to do them all for the sake of finishing.
Day 15 - Something you don't leave the house without:I'm not the dependent on anything, to be honest. I'll leave my phone at the house just because I feel like I'm being bothered to often, so that's out. I'd like to say I take my wallet, but I forget it plenty enough. I don't wear glasses. I usually take my iPod, but not all the time, again. Oh, I do wear pants and a shirt though. Needless to say, I'm white enough to make paper look like Westley Snipes and I remain that way by never showing any skin whatsoever. It keeps people from mocking my ridiculous whiteness.

Anyway, it is nearing that time where I sleep, so I'll probably be posting again in a while. Till then.

3 comments:

  1. This post is so funny, Phillip~ especially where you said you make paper look like Wesley Snipes. Ha!! Love reading about what you're doing.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I commented on most of your posts now, so you might want to go back and read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams are crazy, especially when you wake up and want to go back to sleep to see what was going to happen!
    I hope you find Charlene again! hehehe....And that Seth doesn't get killed by a Wal-Mart lady.

    ReplyDelete