Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Life is good today

It's a trend I'd like to keep going. Harry got home yesterday, and even though I like to think of myself as an independent person, I'm not, and I got to missing him, so it was awesome to hang out with him last night. Harry, Old Man, and Baxter came over and we ordered pizza and watched Once Upon A Time In Mexico, which I love. I love random action films like that, the ones you can make fun of but still watch the action. If you feel like watching a comedy or an action film it has you covered.
Anyway, my friend Lauren is always making these awesome lists of awesome things, so I think I'll give it a try.

-I have a bedroom that looks like it could belong to a very smart collected person, but he shares the room with a 9 year old from the 80s, and I'm ok with it.
-On my days off then I can play 16 hours of video games and not consider it a waste.
-I like to drop any pennies I have in change, because I'll never use them and maybe someone will pick one up and get good luck from it.
-I could drive for hours with a person I like and never get bored or have to stop.
-You can tell I really trust you when you suggest a song I should hear and I buy it on iTunes instead of just looking for it on youtube.
-Sometimes my habit of not lying about stupid things gets me in trouble a lot and sometimes when I tell people my reason for doing some things then they think its so funny that they just sit and stare at me for a minute then walk away laughing.
-I think Twitter is retarded. It's only Facebook status updates. I don't want to get updated that often on what people are doing. Isn't it bad enough we already have people that abuse their status to tell us stupid things? "I ate a bologna sandwhich, yum!"
-When the Jazz lose then it ruins my night.
-When the Jazz win then I can do no wrong. I'm going to start buying scratch tickets and saving them till a night they win.
-I can't go to sleep without listening to something.
-I'm so nerdy, I watch other people play Starcraft 2.
-The movies I really love, I don't watch with anybody that has never seen them before because if they don't like it then it will taint my view of them forever.
-I'd rather go out of my way to avoid talking to a stranger than ask them the tiniest questions or interact with them at all.
-I really miss my friends, but I'm not sure if I want to go back to Idaho to live.
-I really want to be the "cool uncle" that all my nephews and nieces want to hang out with.
-I have more fun with kids than I have with adults most of the time.
-I have no idea how to end this post.

3 comments:

  1. Your list was fun to read!
    I'm never going to see Facebook the same way now. And my next status is going to be what I just ate, just to drive you crazy! Wahaha!!!
    Your thing about going out of your way to avoid talking to a stranger sounds soooo much like Brooks! I have to do all the odd conversations with strangers because he is too scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I never knew that Brooks was scared of strangers! I must have freaked him out!
    Phillip, I agree with your idea of dropping pennies! And I didn't know you didn't like talking to strangers! I just thought you had headaches and didn't want to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree about watching movies I love with people who haven't seen them before. On New Year's, remember how we watched Inception with Chris and Laura? And Laura's thought about the movie was, "That was a weird movie." And Linda couldn't handle it at all. After that I decided I am not watching it with anyone who doesn't already love it. Not because it taints myt view of it, but because I can't help but wonder if they even watched the same movie I did! I like the rest of your list, too and especially your description of your room. That sounds about like you. :)And I agree, I don't want updates about what people are doing ALL THE TIME. I really don't care that much. Really. Thanks for sharing your list and thoughts. It was very interesting. Oh, and I just ate some lunch meat with Emme. :)

    ReplyDelete